Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Levi!

I know I am quite behind on posts but we had a busy June.  We celebrated Justin's birthday with a weekend in Austin, went to Nacogdoches for his family reunion, I co-hosted a baby shower and Levi went to a friend's birthday party, we spent a few days in Boerne visiting grandparents, and then finally came home for Levi's birthday!

I did a Cookie Monster theme because I already had cookie monster shoes for him and I saw a cute shirt from Old Navy.  Plus I got a great idea for a CM cake on some Houston morning show I saw a few months ago.  I made the decorations and cake myself and had Justin grill burgers and sausage to keep it low key and inexpensive.  A few bags of chips, a veggie tray, and some fruit and it was a party.  We had about 20 people over which was just the right size to do it at our house and not get too crazy!

I painted this sign - the inspiration came from something I saw on Pinterest.

The gift "bags" for the 4 boys we invited.  Two of them are older (2-3) and the other two are Levi's age so I did an extra coloring book and crayons for the older boys. The gift buckets, with everything in them, cost less than $3 each.  I got everything from the dollar section in Target.


I am so proud of my cake! It turned out exactly how I pictured it.  I did a 3 layer yellow cake with fudge frosting between the layers and a vanilla buttercream icing on the outside.  The eyes and mouth I made from modeling chocolate.

I made some sugar cookie L's and 1's too.

I made Levi his own cupcake.  I tried to stand the cookie up in it but it kept falling down, so it just got put on the plate.

A little game.  There were 227 chocolate chips in the jar.  My dad won the prize: number candles.

I cut paper in a swirl to hang up. The tan colored ones have brown "chips" on them that I hole punched from dark brown paper and glued on.  The paper lanterns were from the dollar section at Target and I cut out the faces from paper and taped them on.

In his Cookie Monster shoes and shirt, getting ready to party.


Daddy manning the grill.

Playing with friends.

Let's do this, Mom!

Everybody is singing to me! I love being the center of attention. And now the real fun begins...








After being hosed off and a change of clothes later, it's time for presents! Thank you everybody for all the awesome gifts.





Family picture time.

And with Pop and Gram.

No comments:

Post a Comment