Monday, February 18, 2013

Last Trip to the Zoo Before We Have 2!

We decided to make one last trip to the zoo because:
 1) we are members and I wanted to go one last time before our membership expires in May
 2) Levi knows a lot more animals now and what noises they make
 3) it was a beautiful Friday afternoon and we wanted to get out of the house
 4) a chance to use the new camera on something besides Levi
and 5) why not?!?!

We had been talking about going but we just hadn't figured out a good time yet so when Justin asked randomly on his way home from work a couple of Fridays ago, I said sure!  It was kind of late in the day but we thought most of the school groups should be gone and who goes to the zoo at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon?  Not many people! And it was PERFECT!  No loud, running, screaming school kids, not the weekend crowd, just other moms pushing strollers and a few tourists.  And the weather was perfect - warm in the sun, cool in the shade, just a rare, gorgeous Houston Texas day. And bonus, not only were the animals out, but it was feeding time for some of them.

We only stayed for a couple of hours because I can only do so much walking, and Levi was a little bit cranky.  He apparently had not napped long enough and he DID NOT want to be in the stroller so Justin got to carry him or walk slowly with him holding his hand.


 Fish!

First stop, as always, the aquarium with the tunnel.





View from outside the fish tank.


Lecturing on the fish.



I thought this sign was funny.

The new camera is so much better!

Since I'm usually taking the pictures, here's a rare one of me.





1 comment:

  1. Really good pictures!! Love seeing Dad as a monkey!

    ReplyDelete